Taking the lead in culture, tourism and sport
The LGA offers a wide range of programmes and tools to help councils tackle the challenges and take advantages of the opportunities for culture, tourism and sport.
Validated evidence to do with the impact of culture and sport on older people that may support your outcomes model.
The CCP is publishing a series of articles to help arts and cultural leaders engage with public service commissioning. Each signposts to useful case studies and tools, allowing you to go deeper into topics.
This CCP case study from the National Museums Liverpool provides an example of how to develop the skills and empathy of health and social case staff working with people with dementia.
A practical resource pack for the commissioning of services in the culture and sport sector.
The LGA has recently launched a new resource pack for councils to support the commissioning process in culture and sport.
This briefing is intended for councillors responsible for culture and sport in their councils, or those responsible for health, children's services and adult social care.
Guidance for councils on how to measure and provide evidence of the contribution culture and sport makes to their local priorities and outcomes.
Description and publication of the Culture and Sport Improvement toolkit (CSIT), which supports self-assessment and improvement planning.
The IDeA (now LGA) published a guide designed to help people in the culture and sport sector understand the process of strategic commissioning in public services.
Commissioning peer support – If your council is interested in commissioning peer support on any aspect of culture, tourism and sport please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how our pool of member and officer peers can meet your requirements.
Good practice/case studies
- Top tips for councillors and health commissioners
- Sport and its value to communities
- Social determinants of health
- Tackling the social determinants of health with culture and sport
- The role of culture and sport in supporting adult social care to deliver better outcomes
- Building capacity in culture and sport voluntary sector organisations
- Local improvement networks – culture
- Improving leadership in culture, tourism and sport
- Good practice guide for local heritage listing
- How councils can use the arts to improve people's lives
- Guide to destination management planning
- The role of culture and sport in reducing crime and anti-social behaviour (PDF, 22 pages, 844KB) published by CLOA and NCF.