We can offer you specific advice on a particular issue, informed by example elsewhere in local government and by the latest thinking in central Government (with which we are in daily contact) about the future direction of policy.
Our policy consultancy service is focused around two products:
We can offer you specific advice on a particular issue, informed by examples elsewhere in local government and by the latest thinking in central Government (with which we are in daily contact) about the future direction of policy.
You might have had one of our free peer challenges and have decided that you need some additional input or a new perspective to tackle an issue identified by the reviewers. Or you may have already identified a gap between what you want to achieve on a specific issue and what you have the capacity to deliver in the short term. Or you may want a quick health check on a specific issue. In each of these cases, the policy consultancy can deliver advice tailored to your needs.
Please click on the theme to view more detail about what we can offer on each of these products.
In addition, if you would like us to put together a wider public sector team to tackle an issue in your organisation that straddles local government and wider public sector interests do get in touch. We will take the lead in seeking to put together a team that brings together the people you need with the right knowledge and expertise to advance your thinking.
The LGA Consultancy is made up of proven professionals committed to see local government going from strength to strength. In addition to in-house expertise, they all have:
- A commitment to provide sustainable solutions that deliver results, not just diagnosis of problems;
- Unparalleled and up to date contacts across the full range of Government policy Departments;
- An understanding and experience of working in politically led organisations at senior levels;
- A unique understanding of the public sector and the wider labour market;
- Associates with deep strategic and practical experience of running authorities or particular services;
- The commitment to put together a team with the expertise to match your specific needs;
- The ability to put together partnerships with a range of other consultancies and organisations to ensure you have access to the best possible advice (including the possibility of obtaining a lower price than if you approached that organisation independently).
What we do
The LGA continues to offer a wide range of services which are free at the point of delivery to all its members. However, you might have identified a specific needs that requires a particular solution. If this is the case, then the LGA Consultancy can provide the following range of services offering cost effective solutions, driven by an aim of providing sector led improvement.