Bespoke support to councils from a range of expert commissioning and market shaping contractors who can be engaged to work with councils on specific projects
The Care and Heath Improvement Programme commissioning and market shaping workstream supports councils to facilitate and shape diverse and sustainable markets to provide high quality care and support which benefits the whole population.
We can now also offer bespoke support to councils from a range of expert commissioning and market shaping contractors who can be engaged to work with councils on specific projects.
Contractors carry out consultancy projects and offer a range of support to councils on activity which ranges from the strategic to more specific operational aspects of commissioning. They have a variety of skills ranging from organisational and commissioning skills to more strategic experience from varied backgrounds, including providers.
To access this support please contact your Care and Health Improvement Advisor (CHIA) to discuss possible projects.
Please download our expectations of councils or regions taking up this offer.
- are developing updated guidance on Market Position Statements to help councils co-produce next generation statements - the database has already been updated
- are developing market analysis tools to help councils better use the information about provider markets they already have - the “Markets and Modelling project”
- work to produce market shaping and contingency planning guidance
- encourage Constructive Conversations between providers, commissioners and people using services
- published Integrated Commissioning for Better Outcomes 2018 now with the offer of a self-assessment tool available to help local authority systems check where they are up to on their integration journey
- publish case studies and other resources.
For more information contact email@example.com
Social care provider resilience during COVID-19: guidance to commissioners
Shared guidance to local authority commissioners from the Association of Directors of Adult Social Services (ADASS), the Local Government Association (LGA) and the Care Provider Alliance (CPA).
Integrated Commissioning for Better Outcomes: a commissioning framework
The Integrated Commissioning for Better Outcomes Framework 2018 is a practical tool for council and NHS commissioners to support improving outcomes through integrated commissioning.
Top tips for sustaining homecare
Homecare, including supported living, is vital for people with care and support needs to live at home, yet it is the most fragile part of the social care market.