Cambridgeshire County Council
Cambridgeshire County Council has:
- Led the work on the creation of the LEP and instrumental in securing Enterprise Zone status for Alconbury.
- Delivery of Busway - creates new economic corridor between Cambridge and Huntingdon
- Chesterton Station - leading the drive for a new station and have said we will borrow to finance it (c.£20m)
- Promoted the idea of Tax Increment Finance for many years as means to deliver infrastructure
- Supporting much-need new homes in existing urban hubs and along public transport routes (inc new town of Nstowe)
- Promised up to £20m (which has leveraged £6.75m from BDUK, and £3m from Peterborough and will leverage much much more from private sector) to deliver SuperFast Broadband across notspots in Cambs
- Led campaign to get A14 back on agenda - with LGA partners and now with DFT
- Ely level crossing - committed to a solution to enable growth of Ely and remove bottleneck
- Developing, with LEP, new employer-led skills strategy.
21 June 2012