Culture and sport improvement toolkit
Updated and revised toolkit
Given the fundamental changes that are taking place, we have updated the toolkit making it simpler, more flexible for different organisational needs. Copies of the new version can be accessed by following the links below.
- Introduction and executive summary (Word, 6 pages, 60KB)
- 1. Realisation and response (Word, 15 pages, 77KB)
- 2. Vision and organisation goal (Word, 7 pages, 59KB)
- 3.1. Introduction to self-assessment tools (Word, 3 pages, 42KB)
- 3.2. High-level diagnostic tool (Word, 4 pages, 65KB)
- 3.3. CSIT Benchmark (Word, 69 pages, 157KB)
- 3.4. Red thread self-assesment – Outcomes focus (Word, 8 pages, 70KB)
- 3.5. Red thread self-assesment – Community: Civil society at the heart (Word, 8 pages, 69KB)
- 3.6. Red thread self-assessment – Efficiency: Value for money (Word, 10 pages, 74KB)
- 3.7. Red thread self-assessment – Collaborative working (Word, 9 pages, 66KB)
- 3.8. Red thread self-assessment – Innovation (Word, 6 pages, 62KB)
- 3.9. Red thread self-assessment – One team (Word, 7 pages, 64KB)
- 3.10. Red thread self-assessment – Meeting the needs of the workforce (Word, 7 pages, 64KB)
- 3.11. Red thread self-assessment – Knowledge management (Word, 5 pages, 60KB)
- 3.12. Red thread self-assessment – Environmental sustainability (Word, 6 pages, 61KB)
- 3.13. Guidance on effective self-assessment workshop (Word, 6 pages, 47KB)
- 3.14. Summary of peer-led challenge: Validation (Word, 3 pages, 42KB)
- 4. The options and way forward (Word, 17 pages, 58KB)
- 5. Workbook for civil society organisations (Word, 18 pages, 58KB)
The CSIT has been specifically designed for (and by) the culture, sport, green space and tourism sectors. It aims to help public sector bodies and their partners from the commercial sector and civil society develop the organisational capabilities which will enable them to:
- re-group in the face of these challenging times
- survive amid all the changes
- re-grow the services provided for the community with a different role and level of resources.
Culture, sport, green space and tourism sectors must change and adapt in the light of the significant and fast-moving alterations in the external environment and funding landscape and the changing needs, expectations and role of the community.
We cannot control this, but we can respond by delivering different types of services, at significantly less cost, through different types of partnerships and collaborations between public sector bodies, commercial sector organisations, and civil society organisations… and achieving tangible results from this activity.
12 September 2013