Improving leadership in culture, tourism and sport
The Local Government Association (LGA)'s development programmes for councillors have been created specifically to meet the needs of elected members.
Our leadership academies also offer a wide range of acclaimed development opportunities for portfolio holders, chairs of scrutiny and other senior councillors, younger councillors, and black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) councillors.
Leading Learning Programme
The Leading Learning Programme is provided by the The National Culture Forum annually between September and July for:
- local government heads of service with a cultural services remit
- senior managers of cultural services across the UK.
It offers an innovative cultural leadership programme tailored to local government concerns. It has five main support elements:
- Initial 360 degree assessment of your leadership strengths and potential.
- Five days in total of residential sessions to allow you to meet inspiring exemplars, reflect on your own practice and challenge your knowledge and skills (three days mid October, 24 hours in early March, 24 hours late June or mid-July).
- Monthly one-to-one mentoring sessions with a well-matched senior figure with extensive local government experience and expertise.
- Five bi-monthly facilitated action learning sets organised for North, South, East and West.
- Access to the members section of this website for further reading, participants' forums and development opportunities.
The full cost of the programme is expected to be approximately £4,000 + VAT for local authorities and voluntary groups, £5,000 for commercial organisations and national cultural bodies. However, a number of bursaries are available annually which will reduce the cost for nominated applicants and payments can be spread across two financial years. Applications for the 2012/13 programme are invited from 3 September 2012 with a closing date of 30 November 2012.
Leading Learning programme – on the National Culture Forum website
For more information, contact:
Sue Isherwood, Director, NCF Leading Learning Programme
Telephone: 01749 871110
20 October 2015