Culture and sport: integrated national support offer
The Local Government Association (LGA) and its partners have produced an integrated national support offer to help councils improve culture and sport services.
This resource provides a directory of tools, advice and guidance in these areas and is aimed primarily at:
- heads of culture and sport services
- officers delivering sport and leisure, museum, arts, parks and open spaces, or tourism services
- officers responsible for cultural, sports and leisure, or tourism development
- councillors with responsibility for cultural and sport services
- voluntary sector cultural, sporting and leisure organisations
- staff working for non-departmental public bodies (NDPBs).
Sport England has also published an online resource bringing together all its tools – Community Sport: In it for the long run – to help local authorities to:
- make the case for continued investment
- plan and commission strategically
- maximise efficiency to ensure best value for money
- measure the impact of any outcomes.
Community Sport: In it for the long run – on the Sport England website
27 June 2012