Regional improvement pilots
In 2007, Sport England, the Museums, Libraries and Archives Council (MLA) and Arts Council England, with funding from Communities and Local Government, facilitated regional improvement pilots in eight of the nine government administrative regions in England.
Each region focused on one or more aspects of improvement work:
- Understanding public value - North West
- Member development and leadership - Yorkshire and Humberside
- Member engagement and improvement networks - East Midlands
- Voluntary sector procurement practice - West Midlands
- Peer-supported improvement - East of England
- Cultural championing and capacity building - South East
- Improvement planning and officer development - London
- Improvement planning, cultural championing and peer mentoring - South West.
The pilots have now been completed and the projects evaluated. The learning has been captured in the following reports:
- Working Together to Improve Culture and Sport Services (PDF, 15 pages, 167KB) - a summary evaluation of each pilot and the key learning points relevant to the culture and sport sector.
- Full report: evaluation project final report (PDF, 55 pages, 413KB)
Reports for a number of individual pilots are provided below:
20 June 2012