Checklist for councillors
Has your council:
- carried out a fundamental review of its activities - in conjunction with local partners - and, as part of that, looked at its use of trading and charging powers?
- adopted a policy on trading and charging that is aligned to council strategy and a delivery plan?
- carried out option appraisals - including early legal, financial and human resources (HR) advice and market research?
- approved a business case for selected options - especially where this is a statutory requirement - and an operational business plan?
- Put in place a change programme (as appropriate) including cultural change as well as administrative arrangements?
10 May 2012