Strategic leadership in modern local government
This is a modular programme aimed at senior managers – typically heads of service or aspiring heads of service – who want to develop their strategic leadership capacity and make a difference.
This highly successful programme develops practical strategic leadership skills immediately transferable to work. It is delivered and managed by leadership specialists – KBA Solutions an ILM approved centre – using best in class knowledge, tools and techniques.
- Harvard materials
- online assessments
Participants will be equipped to:
- challenge future service provision
- think innovatively
- lead and deliver successful change using 'hard skills' of commercial and strategic thinking and 'soft skills' of influencing, persuading, inspiring high performance and building cross functional teams.
They will also gain practical tools and techniques for leading change.
The programme, an ILM Endorsed programme at level 7 equivalent, leading to further ILM postgraduate qualifications, consists of the following modules, over nine days, across approximately nine months:
- launch strategic and commercial thinking – strategy
- strategic and commercial thinking – decision making
- leading strategic change
- strategy to implementation
- powerful personal leadership
- leading high-performance teams
- making an impact and ILM assessment.
Guest speakers across the programme include: Martin Reeves, Chief Executive at Coventry; Laura McGillivray, Chief Executive at Norwich; Yvonne Rees, Chief Executive at Mole Valley; Debbie Ward, Chief Executive at Dorset and Ged Fitzgerald, Chief Executive at Liverpool.
The programme also includes five self-managed group knowledge share and action learning sessions. Executive coaching is also available on request. Over the last six years this programme has attracted nearly 200 senior managers with average feedback scores of 3.8 out of 4.
Bursaries of between 20 per cent to 30 per cent are available for this programme for LGA member only.
Brochures and application forms can be downloaded below:
For further details, please contact:
Telephone: 01643 841 015
- National Graduate Development Programme
- Leading Edge
- LG Challenge
- Strategic leadership in modern local government
- Aspiring future public sector leaders
9 February 2017