Workforce consultancy service
Affordable, reliable consultancy delivering solutions that are tailor made for the local government services sector.
The LGA consultancy service offers advice and support on a wide range of HR and management issues, combining our in-house expertise with a team of associate specialists. We work with all types of local authority:
- London boroughs
We also work with:
- police authorities
- fire and rescue services
- housing associations
- any organisation within the local government ‘family' in England and Wales.
Our connection to the workforce team gives us a unique position at the heart of national pay and conditions bargaining. We can utilise pay and benefits surveys and other data specific to local government. Our legal team informs us of legislative developments, case law and we keep abreast of best practice within our sector.
Recent work we have delivered includes:
- reward strategy and pay policy – advice, design, costing
- job evaluation
- compliance audits, for example, equal pay and equality impact assessments, redundancy programmes
- organisational development and management of change issues – especially organisational or departmental restructuring
- employee relations including arbitration and independent investigations – especially for sensitive issues at top management/member level
- dispute resolution
- HR policy design and implementation
- HR training.
Because we are of the sector, working for the sector, we recognise the financial limitations inherent. Therefore our charges are capped at a maximum of £850 per day plus reasonable expenses. However, this rate is negotiable for high volume work such as whole council job evaluation or relatively straightforward interventions.
If you are looking to deliver specific projects, and you either do not have the capacity or the skills in-house try us first. We understand the issues you are facing and have probably dealt with them before – or know someone who has – so can deliver the solutions that fit your organisation.
For a general chat or detailed enquiry:
Telephone: 020 7187 7352
Quick jump menu
8 February 2017