Job evaluation, pay and reward
The Consultancy Unit provides a range of services within the scope of job evaluation and reward management.
We offer expertise in several job evaluation schemes:
- the NJC scheme – devised to support single status and agreed by both union and management sides
- JNC Chief Officers – we have developed a bespoke scheme which is in place in a wide range of local authorities and other public bodies
- PSSC 13 factor scheme
- GLPC Scheme.
All of these schemes have support via directly-employed consultants and by associate consultants.
We can also provide:
- training for individuals on how the scheme works so that they can be panel members
- expert advice on how to complete job evaluation questionnaires, including running employee and manager workshops
- ad-hoc support to local authorities during the period of benchmarking and evaluating posts
- advice and support on pay solutions
- expert advice to individual authorities on appeals processes
- bespoke presentations on how the scheme operates
- one to one interviews with managers to compile accurate information on job evaluation questionnaires
- salary comparison information to help to inform pay decisions
- management of appeals processes
- pay and reward consultancy.
Additionally, we can provide detailed market analysis of where individual authorities own pay strategies fit in the wider labour economy utilising our own national data as well as that of other bodies. We can:
- undertake pay modelling
- work up pay policy
- assist in implementation.
Telephone: 020 7187 7352
7 July 2014