Recruitment of chief officers and chief executives
Recruiting senior managers in local government is a resource-intensive exercise, often fraught with political sensitivities, requiring market knowledge of the local government employment sector.
Not all councils have the in-house expertise required to recruit to senior positions. We have therefore created a specialist unit to provide councils with independent, expert knowledge and technical advice to support their in-house teams.
Our well-respected reputation ensures the trust of members. Our experienced team of strategic and operational HR specialists will provide support with all – or selected – parts of the recruitment process, starting from when you receive a resignation letter to sending out a job offer.
Using our recruitment service
Our promise to you:
- complete confidentiality
- experience of dealing with members
- expertise on pay and job evaluation and HR strategies
- a flexible, practical and results driven approach
- a cost effective solution.
Our areas of expertise include:
- carrying out exit interviews to undertake job and organisational analysis issues
- drafting job descriptions and person specifications
- preparing advertisements and placing with the appropriate media
- preparing the recruitment information pack
- managing the response handling service for your organisation
- advising on short-listing and recruitment processes
- carrying out "long-listing" and preliminary interviews
- undertaking a full testing and assessment process – including providing feed-back to interviewees
- attending interviews to advise panels on process and technical support
- carrying out job offers and agreeing benefits packages
- record keeping and monitoring/analysis of recruitment statistics and information
- training HR, line managers, chief officers and/or members in recruitment and selection
- re-writing recruitment policies and procedures
- checking and/or writing equalities policies that impact on recruitment and retention.
020 7187 7352
Quick jump menu
8 February 2017