Local government pensions
We represent employers' interests to central government and other bodies on local government pensions policy. We provide the secretariat service for the Local Government Pensions Committee (LGPC), a committee of councillors constituted by the:
- Local Government Association (LGA)
- Welsh Local Government Association (WLGA)
- Convention of Scottish Local Authorities (COSLA).
The LGPC provides technical advice and has a suite of technical guides on:
- the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- related compensation matters that it makes available to Pension Fund Administering Authorities and to employers.
- provide general communication information
- provide and maintain a central suite of guides and leaflets for employees and councillors on the LGPS that authorities administering the LGPS may download and personalise for their own use and the use of employers in their fund.
A full programme of pensions training is available for:
- pensions practitioners
- personnel officers
- other employing authority staff with an interest in the LGPS.
Head of Pensions
020 7187 7346
Senior Pensions Adviser
Normal working days: Thursday and Friday. Works on pension projects, not technical queries.
Pensions Training and Development Manager
Normal working days: Monday and Tuesday. Works on training and conferences, not technical queries.
LGPS Executive Officer
020 7187 7344
020 7664 3176
020 7664 3328
020 7187 7374