Information and guidance on how to make an honours nomination.
You can make an honours nomination at any time.
Writing and submitting a nomination
The Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government is especially interested in people who are working or volunteering in any aspect of the work we do. This could include (but isn’t limited to) people who work in their local communities to further their community’s ambitions. They could be using Community Rights, helping with the Troubled Families Programme, working with the homeless or in housing more widely, or supporting community integration and interfaith work. They could be working as an official in local government over an extended period to achieve the council’s local ambitions.
To make a nomination, please complete the Honours citation form and return it to email@example.com with at least two letters of support.
- There is a new honours form, therefore only use the attached version.
- All the fields on the form must be completed, guidance is attached should you need it. they will not process nominations that are submitted with missing fields.
- Two letters of support must be submitted at the same time as the nomination.
- Honours are exempt under FOI, GDPR and DPA, as such you do not need the candidate’s permission to submit their personal information for Honours purposes.
MHCLG are running workshops this year to enable you to get the best from the Honours System. They will cover:
- the background of Honours
- an overview of the process
- how to draft a citation.
All the workshops are being held in London.
Dates available are:
- Friday 26 July: 10:00 – 13:00
- Friday 2 Aug: 13:00 – 16:00
- Monday 5 Aug: 10:00 – 13:00
- Wednesday 14 Aug: 13:00 – 16:00
- Tuesday 20 Aug: 1:30 – 16:30
For any queries regarding the honours process please contact:
Nalisha Patel – Honours, Local Government Stewardship
Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government
E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: 0303 444 4955
NW Quarter, 2nd Floor Fry Building, 2 Marsham Street, London, SW1P 4DF
Monday, 2 September 2019.