Showcasing the positive approach that councils across the country are taking to deliver housing growth.
With contributions from developers, architects, councils, planners and the Minister of State for Housing Grant Shapps MP, among others, this collection of essays showcases the positive approach that councils across the country are taking to deliver housing growth.
From making land available for new builds, approving planning permissions and providing deposits for first-time buyers to working with developers to build more good quality homes, councils are already doing a range of things to drive housing growth.
Going forward, the publication hints at greater financial powers and flexibilities that would enable councils to go even further to deliver the growth in housing that the country so desperately needs.
Including contributions from:
- Councillor David Parsons CBE, LGA
- Rt Hon Grant Shapps MP, Minister of State for Housing
- Councillor Ann O'Byrne, Liverpool City Council
- Mayor Dorothy Thornhill, Watford Borough Council
- Councillor John Lines, Birmingham City Council.
- Published by:
- Reference code: