How can LGA support you?
In addition to the resources on this site, we also offer more direct support to councils. Based on feedback from the sector, we have designed a menu of support to assist councils with:
- establishing governance and accountability arrangements
- developing their evidence base for proposals
- negotiating with Whitehall departments
- communicating about devolution
- sharing information and learning.
What does our support offer involve?
There is no standard template for our support offer. This programme is about helping places access a bespoke package of support to help them to make progress on their ambitions. As a guide, we can offer:
- Brokering and advice from member and officer peers with experience of setting up new governance arrangements and/or negotiating deals, as well as support from the Centre for Public Scrutiny.
- Access to technical advice to help with developing business cases and financial modelling to support proposals.
- Strategic advice for negotiations with Government departments. Andrew Campbell, Acting Director General, Finance and Corporate Services at the Department for Communities and Local Government, has joined the LGA on secondment. He leads on the LGA's work to support councils in their local negotiations for devolution deals.
Devolution: our offer of support