Summary of the Trade Union Side’s headline claims
- 10 per cent or RPI plus two per cent whichever is greater across all grades
- Address work-life balance and time off in lieu – by making the current guidance on work- life balance mandatory, to ensure compensatory leave (TOIL) is always accrued for extra hours worked
- Each working week should contain two consecutive days that are designated as non- working days. Any TOIL for residential work will be completely separate from these designated non-working days.
- Formally define an evening session as any session that finishes after 6pm.
- Move to a 35-hour working week without loss of pay - with sufficient time for planning and admin.
- Joint work on race and gender pay gaps in youth work.