Every year the four Political Groups at the LGA invite parliamentary representatives from the House of Commons, House of Lords and European Parliament to serve as vice-presidents. All have an association with local government and act as its champions in their daily lives.
- Lord Best (crossbench)
- Lord Adebowale (crossbench)
- Baroness Greengross (crossbench)
- Baroness Grey-Thompson (crossbench)
- Lord Bichard (crossbench)
- Baroness Jones of Moulsecoomb (Green)
- Baroness Bennett (Green)
- Bishop of St Albans (crossbench)
- Lord Wigley (Plaid Cymru)
- Liz Saville-Roberts MP (Plaid Cymru, Dwyfor Meirionnydd)
- Ben Lake MP (Plaid Cymru, Ceredigion)
The President of the LGA is crossbench peer Lord Robert Kerslake.
Previous LGA Presidents are listed below:
- 2015 - Present - Lord Kerslake
- 2005 - 2015 - Lord Richard Best
- 2002 - 2005 - Lord Ouseley
- 1997 – 2002 – Lord Hunt of Tanworth
Go to the full list of LGA vice-presidents, including nominations from the other political groups.