Find out how your council can apply for the LGA's Productivity Experts programme.
The Productivity Experts programme is open for applications in the 2019/20 financial year. Each application is considered on its own merits.
To apply for the Productivity Experts programme your council must:
- be an English council
- be willing to dedicate the necessary resource to support their participation in the programme
- be open and willing to share their learning from the programme with others and commit to producing a case study at the conclusion of their project
- have corporate buy in from the relevant lead member and chief officers to take part in the programme.
As well as accepting applications from individual councils we welcome joint applications from councils wanting to work in partnership to access expert support.
Areas of support
The programme provides a flexible range of support to enable councils to access skills and expertise in their chosen area. Below is an outline of some of the areas of support the LGA can provide.
- service efficiency review
- adult social care efficiencies
- contracts renegotiation
- asset management
- alternative models of service delivery
- shared services
- economic growth
Applications for support outside of these areas will be considered if applicants can demonstrate that the project will result in ambitious efficiency savings or significant income generation.
How to apply
2. Make sure you read our top tips for applying (below) and check out our FAQ.
3. Send the application to email@example.com
Top tips for applying
- be ambitious
- give consideration to whether your project idea could be more corporately focused
- be open to challenge from both the LGA and your productivity expert
- think about using the productivity expert as a catalyst to drive forward a project that has yet to achieve momentum.