Resources to help councils work with hospitals
- People First, Manage What Matters: A report published by Newton Europe - commissioned by the Better Care Support Programme - highlights the challenges health and social care systems are facing to sustainably reduce delayed discharges, and the impact this is having on people’s lives, as well as system finances.
- Why Not Home, Why Not Today? Lessons from a study into the challenges of transfers of care.
- The Care and Support Statutory Guidance (June 2017) provides councils with the information about how to meet the legal obligations placed on them by the Care Act and the regulations. It includes detailed information in relation to hospital discharge (see sections 15.37 to 15.45).
- Monthly Delayed Transfers of Care Situation reports: November 2018: guidance on counting delayed transfer, including the definitions of different reason codes
- NHS England delayed transfers of care data