Our Transformation panels will provide a safe space, framework and process for small groups of council officers to share, challenge learning, practice and to help inform the next stage of their transformation strategies and policy implementation processes.
The panels are based on our existing principles of sector-led improvement (SLI), providing a constructive process with the central aim of helping councils to improve. These are not assurance mechanisms and are undertaken from the viewpoint of a critical friend, allowing participants to learn from others and challenge their own delivery to ensure it is efficient, effective and robust.
Based on the successful roll out across other service delivery areas the panels aim to provide:
- the space and time for council officers to reflect upon their work to date and consider their plans
- a framework and process for councils to consider and test their transformation strategies and implementation plans
- challenge and support from senior officer peers from other councils also taking part in the peer support process
- a structured conversation to explore and stretch current thinking on each council’s delivery arrangements
- an opportunity to identify and share good practice across the sector.
The programme also aims to help support sector improvement through the professional development of officers and the sharing of practice which will be closely linked to our other transformation learning and development offers including our transformation action learning sets, our transformation masterclasses and our Transformation Experts programme.
If your council is looking to develop a transformation plan or strategy or you are in in the implementation phase and feel like this is something you would benefit from then please get in touch.
Similarly, if you and your council are interested in taking part on our panel as a critical friend then please email us at [email protected]
We are looking to launch this new programme in the autumn as part of our holistic transformation improvement offer.