This programme is aimed at those who will be working in a role that is responsible for assisting a team of accountants with junior accounting duties.
- The Level 2 Apprenticeship in Accounting/Finance is designed to develop knowledge, skills and practices which are needed to be successful in maintaining an efficient and accurate finance function within a council. The programme aims to build confidence and skills that are universally recognised across the accounting/finance sector.
- The programme is aimed at those who will be working in a role that is responsible for assisting a team of accountants with junior accounting duties, enabling them to develop and enhance their skills and knowledge further.
- The programme will work through a variety of units for an apprentice to gain the experience and skills needed to succeed, which will include but not be exclusive to:
- understanding how accounting systems and processes allow a business to keep track of all types of financial transactions.
- awareness of basic accountancy concepts and double entry bookkeeping.
- developing an understanding of the differences between financial and management accounting.
- the ability to examine data to identify issues.
- dealing effectively with a range of stakeholders using appropriate communication methods to deliver accurate and timely results.
- utilising relevant office/accounting software packages to input and manage data accurately.