This is where we provide officers and councillors with tools, information, suggestions and examples to help make good, confident decisions. These could relate to resourcing, delivering a high quality service, innovation and transformation or providing knowledge and updates to keep you up to date with the ever changing world of planning and local government.
Transformation, Innovation and shared services
We are developing a suite of support for councils participating in alternative providers pilot, transforming services as part of devolution and using fee freedoms to deliver improved services. Contact Richard.Crawley@local.gov.uk for more information.
Much of our work will be helpful whatever your role, but more specifically for councillors we have:
- Support for ensuring defendable planning decisions, specifically for where there are high overturns and/or allowed appeals.
- Briefings and presentations on various aspects of planning including updates and introductions to planning, committee and policy work and county matters.
- To help you with your objectively assessed needs and 5 year land supply, local plan-making sessions at your council.
- Getting involved in pre-application discussions – how to maximise effectiveness and not ‘pre-determine'.
- Planning and Probity guide and other useful guides.