The government has responded to the February consultation on measures to speed up the negotiation and agreement of S106; and on affordable housing contributions and student accommodation.
The consultation requested views on these areas:
- Speeding up the negotiation and completion of Section 106 planning obligations.
- Whether the requirement to provide affordable housing contributions acts as a barrier to development providing dedicated student accommodation.
- View the changes to the practice guidance following the response to the consultation.
- View the government response to consultation: Section 106 Planning obligations – speeding up negotiations (Student accommodation and affordable housing contributions).
- View the original consultation.