The NGDP is now open for the 2021/22 intake
All options are £3,000 but, in order to be flexible of the needs of your councils, there are a number of options available to you, which are as follows
- National management trainee (NMT)
Full participation in the ngdp:
- Promoting local government: we market local government as a premier career choice for graduates across the UK and promote the ngdp roles available in your council.
- Meeting the standard: we recruit and select the highest calibre graduates for you to interview.
- Growing capacity: we support each NMT on the programme with a high quality learning and development programme and provide access to national networking and knowledge events..
- Shared national management trainee
All the benefits of participating in the full programme but NMT(s) and their placements are shared between councils.
Partnerships and practical arrangements are the responsibility of councils involved. £3,000 per graduate, split between the councils Employment is divided proportionally between participating councils.
- Local recruitment for management trainees
Supported recruitment and equal access to the ngdp’s learning and development programme
Your council markets its NMT position(s) to candidates from your staffing body and/or local area in the same time frame as the NGDP's national campaign. You can shortlist applications if you wish. The NGDP then facilitates the assessment of your nominated local candidates in line with national candidates to ensure they meet the same standard. Successful candidates will become part of the national cohort with access to NGDP learning and development, networks and knowledge events.
More information about local recruitment will be available soon. Please note that to qualify for this mode of recruitment, you will need to sign up by 1 October 2021.
Contact the ngdp team by emailing email@example.com for an informal conversation about the programme.