A series of resources capturing learning from the LGA’s Local Industrial Strategy support offer.
The Government’s Industrial Strategy includes plans to work in partnership with places to develop Local Industrial Strategies that will be developed locally and agreed with the Government.
Working closely with the Cities and Local Growth Unit, the LGA commissioned a Local Industrial Strategy (LIS) support offer for councils looking to play an active role alongside Local Enterprise Partnerships and Combined Authorities in the development of a LIS.
The LGA published two reports capturing the learning from this support offer:
- Developing Successful Local Industrial Strategies outlines the key components of LIS development and includes case studies, key learning points and links to further resources.
- The role of councils in developing Local Industrial Strategies outlines why councils should engage with their LIS, the roles that councils can play in LIS development and the practical steps for effective engagement.
The learning from these reports, along with additional resources, are captured in this online learning resource for councils and their partners to help with the development of Local Industrial Strategies.
This learning resource consists of five modules:
- Module 1: Developing a productivity evidence base – a series of videos and resources to support the development of a LIS productivity evidence base
- Module 2: Engaging with business and stakeholders – principles and methods for engagement with business and key stakeholders
- Module 3: Developing a place narrative – key principles for developing a compelling place narrative
- Module 4: Driving inclusive growth through a LIS – an outline of what inclusive growth means in the context of a LIS
- Module 5: The role of councils in developing a LIS – a comprehensive report capturing the role for councils in LIS development and links to further resources
- Module 6: Progress with LIS development - an overview of progress with LIS development, including links to published strategies.
All of the modules can be navigated using the menu on the right-hand side of this page and additional resources will be linked to through the relevant modules as they become available.
If you have any feedback on this resource or the LGA’s LIS support offer, please contact email@example.com