The NGDP is the LGA’s flagship national graduate programme for local government. The programme attracts new talent to local government and helps councils to build capacity by developing the future leaders of our sector. Now in its 20th year, the NGDP offers a unique opportunity to place high quality graduates in councils, helping to meet your strategic goals and building a pipeline of future talent.
Sign up by 31 March 2023 to be part of the NGDP this year.
If your council is thinking about taking part in the NGDP or you have any questions please get in touch to speak to the team.
Find out why graduates apply to the NGDP
What is the NGDP?
- The NGDP is a two year graduate development programme.
- Graduates are employed by councils and complete a minimum of three placements to develop skills across a variety of services.
- Alongside their employment, graduates undertake a prestigious learning and development offer provided by the LGA.
Benefits for councils
- The NGDP gives councils the opportunity to build capacity and to nurture and develop their own talent, while providing an opportunity for talented graduates to fast track their local government career.
- Through a highly competitive process, which attracted over 5,000 applications last year, the programme matches bright, passionate graduates with councils across the country.
- At a time when local government is facing significant challenges, attracting the best talent to the sector has never been more important. As a Times Top 100 graduate employer, the NGDP is ensuring local government continues to be seen as a positive, relevant and vibrant choice for the best graduate talent.