On Monday 12 October the Government announced the new COVID alert levels by which they will be categorising local areas. Watford is currently in the lowest of the three categories, called 'Medium risk' and therefore the restrictions currently in place will continue for the time being.
- All businesses and venues can continue to operate, in a COVID-Secure manner, other than those that remain closed in law, such as nightclubs.
- Certain businesses selling food or drink on their premises are required to close between 10pm and 5am.
- Businesses and venues selling food for consumption off the premises can continue to do so after 10pm as long as this is through delivery service, click-and-collect or drive-thru.
- Schools, universities and places of worship remain open
- Weddings and funerals can go ahead with restrictions on the number of attendees
- Organised indoor sport and exercise classes can continue to take place, provided the Rule of Six is followed People must not meet in groups larger than 6, indoors or outdoors
- Let's all continue to play our part to stop the spread of this virus: washing our hands often, wearing masks and making sure there's space between ourselves and others. Unless we act now, it is likely that the rate of infection will continue to rise - and that could mean further restrictions.
Find out more about the new COVID alert levels.