Part of our support is sharing good practice. Here you’ll find a range of resources on the issues that matter most to our members.
Nominations for Queen’s Birthday and New Year Honours - how to make a submit a nomination
Councillor workbooks: The LGA has produced a number of distance learning materials, covering key topics such as action on climate change, chairing skills, finance, planning, scrutiny and community safety.
External Report: Declaring a Climate Change Emergency : Arup, an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, architects, consultants and technical specialists, have published guidance for local authorities who have declared a climate emergency.
Thinking of putting forward a motion to your council? Independent Group members have shared some of their council motions with the group – get in touch if you are interested in seeing what people have shared or sharing some of your own.
- 22/07/2020 – Waverley District Council – Opposing single Surrey-wide Unitary Authority
- 25/09/2019 – Lewes District Council – Mental Health Challenge
- Caerphilly County Borough Council – Review of Street Lighting
- 2020 – Brighton and Hove Green Party Budget Proposals
- 01/02/2018 – Ashfield District Council – Empty Dwelling Management Orders
- 20/02/20 South Oxfordshire District Council - Five- year housing land supply rules in the National Planning Policy Framework
- 24/09/19 Norwich City Council – Biodiversity Emergency
- 18/09/19 Arun District Council – Independent Group – Climate change and the implications for large scale development on the coastal plain
- 23/07/19 Norwich City Council – Plastic Free July
- 11/07/2019 – North Kesteven – United Nation’s 17 Sustainable Development Goals