Be a councillor

You do not have to be a member of the big three political parties to stand, you could stand for another party or be an Independent Councillor. If you'd like to find out more about being an Independent, Green or UKIP Councillor get in touch.

We have a range of resources available for you and we're holding a series of events which will provide you with the information you need to know, if you're considering running as a Councillor.  

Unless stated, the below are open to anyone outside of the political affiliations of Labour, Conservative and Liberal Democrats, for example Independent candidates, Resident Association members, the Green Party, UKIP and Plaid Cymru in Wales. Where events are only for a specific group or party, this is stated below.

Lincolnshire Be a Councillor Event, 7 November 2018 
London Be a Councillor event, Saturday 10 November, 11.30am-1pm
Maidenhead Be a Councillor Event, 13 November, 7pm – 10pm
West Midlands Be a Councillor Event, 16 November
Swale Be a Councillor Event, 25 November, 2-4pm

Do you care about local issues? 

Would you like to change your community for the better? 

If so, why not become a local councillor?

Find out more about standing as an Independent councillor in our publication, which is full of useful tips and guidance. we also have free copies of Flatpack Democracy to share.

You may also find it useful to visit the pages of the Independent Network, Residents Association or Party near you.

If you would like to hold a Be a Councillor event in your area please do get in touch. 

For more details or to RSVP contact us at