We offer a range of guides, workbooks and other resources to help you to find out more about how you can make a difference in your community.
- Worksheets: see how you would handle life as a councillor
- E-learning modules: quick and interactive way to find out more
- Guidebook: all the basics on what councils and councillors do, the skills you can bring, training and support, and contact details
- Handling intimidation: being a councillor is a responsibility, a privilege and a hugely rewarding undertaking, but we are also aware that the growth in public intimidation is putting people off becoming a local councillor. This guide is not designed to alarm, but to suggest steps you and the council can take to protect yourself and respond should an incident occur.
- Planning your local campaign checklist
- Engagement and promoting your campaign
- Handling intimidation
- Improving access to elected office for people with disabilities
- Twenty-first Century Council toolkit to support women, parents and carers