We can visit your council to help improve your communications function.
Communications healthcheck (free)
Each council is entitled to up to one free day of communications support during 2019/20, which can be tailored to your individual needs. This includes:
- Overall review of your current communications function
- Review of your communications strategy
- Assessment of current communications activity, capability and capacity
- Quick wins to help you tackle key issues and a summary report.
Communications review (costed)
For councils looking for a more in-depth and strategic view of their wider communications activity, we offer a three-day communications review. This includes:
- in-depth review of your current communications function
- in-depth review of your strategy and advice on developing an authentic corporate narrative and place brand
- detailed assessment of current communications activity
- feedback session - a set of quick wins to help you tackle key issues and a detailed report with longer term recommendations.
Led by an experienced senior communications manager, the review team will be assembled depending on the areas of specialism you would like reviewed.
Both our one-day health checks and three-day reviews can be tailored to cover your communications around specific issues or service areas.
Contact us to book your communications review.
We also offer a workshop with cabinets and executives, led by a member peer and a communications professional. These sessions cover the importance of good communications, the role of members in engaging with their communities and developing the administration’s priorities into a compelling narrative.
Strategy development (costed)
Contact us to book your strategic support
#FutureComms skills audit (costed)
Contact us to book your skills audit
Social media support
We offer a free social media audit. The purpose of the audit is to provide local authority communications teams with:
- An overall review of their current social media presence and strategy
- Quick wins to help them tackle key issues identified in the review
- Long-term recommendations for moving forward
We offer social media training (basic/intermediate for up to five people). The bespoke half-day sessions are aimed at local authority officers in charge of managing corporate social media channels, to make sure you get the best out of the key platforms.
The training would be based on the recommendations set out in a prior audit (see above), in conjunction with your authority’s objectives, and delivered by a Digital Campaigns Adviser from the LGA.
Depending on your needs, we can cover topics such as:
- Understanding social media best practice (what, when and where)
- Engaging with your audience
- Content planning and examples of planning software
- Content creation tools
Contact us to book your social media support
Media training (costed)
Contact us to discuss media training