Alongside the majority of councils, the LGA has declared a climate emergency. We offer a wide range of resources to help councils address environmental sustainability.
The Local Government Association (LGA), in partnership and funded through the Crown Commercial Service, has launched a sustainability programme as part of its sector support offer. The programme will provide tools and opportunities to build councils’ capability and capacity in sustainability and the environment. The LGA will provide data-driven and consistent approaches for the sector to prioritise the actions that will drive their sustainability, efficiency, and improvement goals.
Three key pillars:
- Building capability – learning, skills, and guidance to help councils deliver on their climate and adaptation targets, through masterclasses and workshops that will highlight key sustainability themes and upskill participants.
- Tools - the greenhouse gas accounting tool and waste emissions calculator will help councils baseline their data and assist with internal emissions reporting.
- Networks – an online sustainability hub, a monthly sustainability bulletin and an officer communities of practice network.
- We produce a free monthly bulletin on climate change which is a round-up of best practice examples and latest news for councils. You can subscribe to our sustainability bulletin.
- Join the climate emergency knowledge hub where councils and partners who have declared a climate emergency, or made any other type of commitment to reduce carbon and improve the environment, share information and experiences.
- View our searchable database of sustainability and climate change case studies. If you are interested in your projects featuring on the database as a case study, please complete a case study form, or get in contact via [email protected].