The LGA is the national voice of local government. We work with councils to support, promote and improve local government.
In total, 421 authorities are members of the LGA for 2013/14. These include English councils, the 22 Welsh councils via the Welsh LGA, fire authorities, passenger transport authorities, national parks via corporate membership through the English National Park Authorities Association (ENPAA) and one town council.
LGA membership offers the following key benefits:
- the opportunity to influence our work through membership of boards, panels, commissions, advisory groups or the Councillors' Forum
- access to support and advice for councillors through our political group offices
- access to up-to-the-minute news, briefings and daily news headlines on the LGA website through our suite of subscription e-bulletins
- discounts on selected LGA services, including improvement support and leadership programmes
- support on national media relations including in times of crisis
- access to a wide range of free or discounted events
- access to legal advice, opinions and guidance on complex issues
- opportunities to join one of our many special interest groups, including the District Councils' Network, County Councils' Network or the Special Interest Group of Municipal Authorities
- use of facilities at Local Government House, including free meeting room hire
- invitations to Royal Garden Parties
- 'first magazine' delivered bi-weekly direct to your home.
- Local Futures – free and discounted services provided by research and strategy consultancy specialising in geographically reviewing social and economic change.
For further information about membership, please contact email@example.com