The focal point for the LGA's relationship management activity is through our team of seven principal advisers.
Principal advisers are the LGA's focal point for discussions with councils about their improvement needs and the support we can make available – working with existing sector-owned improvement bodies at sub-national level and with colleagues supporting Towards Excellence in Adult Social Care (TEASC).
Principal advisers also have a key role in identifying good and innovative practice, which is fed back into the LGA to inform the wider improvement offer to the sector.
Principal advisers also work closely with other LGA colleagues, contributing to the LGA's wider policy development and lobbying work and helping to identify councils from their areas who are keen to get more actively involved in this aspect of the LGA's work.
Each principal adviser is responsible for one or more regions. Principal advisers have extensive experience of working at a senior level in local government and the wider local public sector.
Further support offerings
- one free corporate peer challenge every three years.
- support from the LGA Productivity programme, which helps councils increase productivity to get the best value for money and outcomes for local communities.
- LG Inform service - a free service which enables access to and comparison of performance information and data.
- learning and support networks.
- subsidised access to National Graduate Development Programme designed to attract and recruit high calibre graduates into local government.
For further information about membership, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org