All the workforce information you need in one place for social enterprises.
What does Employer Link offer?
Employer Link is working with an increasing number of social enterprises as public sector work is outsourced from councils. We understand that the social enterprise model is proven to generate not just tax savings but also strategic advantages when delivering public services.
We want to give those in this sector access to affordable, reliable advice on local government terms and conditions and employment law. If staff have been transferred over to your social enterprise - whilst adhering to TUPE legislation - from local councils, you will need to stay on top of local government pay negotiations and changes to employment law.
If you are unsure about changes and developments to terms and conditions, how to handle industrial relations, or reporting on issues such as the apprenticeship levy or gender pay, Employer Link can give you clear, practical advice on how they impact on your HR practices and the people in your organisation.
Employer Link has strong connections with the Local Government Association and national trade unions, and is best placed to provide social enterprises with the most up-to-date information.
As an Employer Link subscriber you will also have priority access to seminars and events which are much more affordable than equivalents, and which we design with your needs in mind.
Employer Link also offers consultancy that can deliver solutions that are right for you. If you have a large project and perhaps lack the capacity or capability to deliver in-house, we will provide specialists who have a background not just in the subject matter but in the wider sector as well.
- What your subscription will include
- access to job evaluation resources and training
- expert advice on how to complete job evaluation questionnaires, including running employee and manager workshops
- advice and support on pay solutions
- one to one interviews with managers to compile accurate information on job evaluation questionnaires
- salary comparison information to help to inform pay decisions
- management of appeals processes
- early notice of key developments in the Local Government Pension Scheme
- the ability to track negotiations on national pay awards, pay scales and terms and conditions
- employment legislation policy updates
- vast online resources and excellent advice from the industrial relations specialists
- access to advice on national agreements
- discounted rates to our events and consultancy service
- Useful Employer Link resources for Social Enterprises
- Green book – National agreement on pay and conditions of service for local government services.
- Pink book – Terms and conditions handbook for Youth and Community Workers
- Chief executives – pay agreement
- Chief officers – pay agreement
- Employment relations
- Education and young people
- Pay systems
- Equalities and inclusion
- Workforce planning
- Organisational design
- Gender pay gap
- Guide to social enterprise, mutual, cooperative and collective ownership models