This two-hour online session delivered on 14 September 2023 was primarily aimed at reviewers i.e. people who will be reviewing a Metric that has been completed by an ecologist.
On 14 September 2023, Natural England ran an intermediate level training session on Biodiversity Metric 4.0 for local authority attendees. The session was primarily aimed at reviewers i.e. people who will be reviewing a Metric that has been completed by an ecologist. The training included an overview of how to review a Metric, the multipliers and the outputs.
At the end of the training attendees are expected to:
- Understand the Metric in the context of BNG policy and other related legislation
- Know the rules and principles that underpin the Metric and their ecological context
- Know how to navigate a completed Metric and to check that it is complete and valid
- Understand the scores and multipliers within the Metric and how biodiversity units are calculated
- Understand the outputs of the Metric
A recording and a PDF of the slides from the session are available here.