The Strategic Hate Crime Prevention Partnership (SHCPP), in Essex, is an association including voluntary, statutory and council bodies that work to raise reporting of hate crime and deliver preventative measures.
- Essex Police
- Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner
- the Community Voluntary Services
- the Community Safety Partnerships
- Fire Service, etc.
There is a social media presence using #StoptheHate, and a website of the same name. This promotes the third party reporting centres in Essex and other initiatives supervised by the partnership.
As part of the forthcoming work of the partnership in raising awareness of hate crime:
- We are delivering eighteen 90 minute sessions over the school holidays to 16 to 18 year olds regarding the increase in hate crime following Brexit, discussing the issues and engaging the young people to develop projects to run in the community that will increase cohesion and encourage confidence in reporting hate crime.
- The Partnership has employed a co-ordinator to engage with communities under the protected characteristics and collaborate on awareness-raising materials including advertising. The co-ordinator will also consult with the community on how to increase reporting, including on how to manage the network of third-party reporting centres, etc.
- The co-ordinator will also map the work of voluntary and statutory agencies and ensure a joint approach – for example, working with organisations funded from different sources that are delivering hate crime awareness in schools to avoid duplication and ensure partnership working.