The council developed a network of Digital Champions to help those residents who didn't have the necessary skills or the confidence to go online, to get the support and practical assistance to do so. This case study forms part of our digital experts resource.
The Digital Champions are volunteers who, with training, help others understand the benefits of being online and show them how to do a range of simple things that can make a huge difference to those who cannot or do not use the internet.
Digital champions helped with a range of online skills including:
- Teaching someone to use internet search engines such as Google
- Helping someone set up an email account
- Showing someone how to access council and DWP services online
- Explaining how easy shopping and banking online can be
- Setting someone up on Skype
- Helping someone research their family history or other hobby online.
Read the full case study