POLICE STAFF COUNCIL (PSC)
To: Force Personnel/HR Manager/Payroll Manager
Cc: Police and Crime Commissioners/Chief Constables/PSC Employers’ Side
20 October 2020
Circular EMP - 5 - 20 - PSC pay 2020
I am writing to update you on the Police Staff Council’s pay negotiations for 2020 following the Employers Side’s final offer to the Trade Union Side.
The final offer was:
- a £700 pay increase on the lowest pay point 7 on the PSC pay spine with effect from 1 September 2020
- a 2.5 per cent, or £500, increase (whichever is the greater) on all remaining pay points on the PSC pay spine with effect from 1 September 2020
- a 2.5 per cent increase on Standby Allowance from £30.80 to £31.57 with effect from 1 September 2020
- without prejudice talks on police staff apprenticeship pay.
The Trade Union Side (UNISON, UNITE and GMB) undertook a consultative ballot of their members during October. We have now been notified of the following results:
- 96 per cent of UNSON members voted to accept the pay offer
- 82 per cent of GMB members voted to accept the pay offer
- 96 per cent of Unite members voted to accept the pay offer.
As a result, there is a pay settlement for 2020. A PSC Joint Circular (No.112) will be issued shortly to confirm the details of this including the uprated PSC pay spine.
Employers Side Secretariat