The Housing Advisers Programme is designed to support councils seeking to innovate in meeting the housing needs of their communities.
The Housing Advisers Programme is designed to support councils by helping them meet their local housing need. It aims to be simple, flexible and locally led.
This year, the programme will prioritise strategic housing projects that will support councils and their communities to address COVID-19 and its wider impacts.
For 2020/21 the programme will aim to:
- make a significant difference to the housing crisis
- build capacity in councils, so there is a lasting impact long after the HAP funding ends
- ensure that projects can become sustainable in the longer term
- create learning about what works, so that the wider sector can benefit from the programme.
Please be aware the Housing Advisers Programme for 2020/21 has now closed for applications. This year's successful applicants are listed below:
- Isle of Wight Council
- Sunderland City Council
- Wokingham Borough Council
- West of England Combined Authority
- Oxford City Council
- Hertsmere Borough Council
- Castle Point Borough Council
- South Gloucestershire Council
- Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames
- King’s Lynn & West Norfolk Borough Council
- Hertfordshire County Council, as lead partner of the Hertfordshire Property Partnership (HPP)
- Cornwall Council
- Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea
- East Riding of Yorkshire Council
- Mid Devon District Council
- Bristol City Council
- Council of the Isles of Scilly