This site brings together guidance documents, case study examples of good practice and a host of other resources to enable local government to share with and learn from each other, as well as check their progress against the National Procurement Strategy.
Following regional consultation we are now pleased to be able to launch the consultation of our National Procurement Strategy for 2018.
We would love to hear your views on:
- The structure of the strategy – now presented as a ‘maturity index’ format following the response to our diagnostic exercise in 2017
- The level of ambition – can we achieve what we have set out to achieve over the next four years? Are we being ambitious enough?
- The themes and enablers – do they cover what is important? Have we missed anything?
- Would you be prepared to share your councils’ results of the maturity index on a reciprocal basis with other councils who have also submitted their scores?
- Any other comments.
Please respond to email@example.com by 4 May 2018.
We look forward to hearing from you.
- National Procurement strategy for Local Government 2014
- National Procurement Strategy Impact Report 2014
Local Government Procurement Showcase presentations
We held an event on 25 September 2017 in which we showcased the LGA’s work on procurement and discussed what might be included in a new national procurement strategy for 2018.
The slides and resources are available here:
- NPS Diagnostic, Keynote slides, Ken Cole
- Encouraging innovation in local government procurement
- National Energy Category Strategy
- National ICT Category Strategy
- Workshop A1 – Supplier Management project
- Workshop A2 – Social Value
- Workshop B1 – Energy category strategy
- Workshop B1 – Re:Fit slides
- Workshop B2 – Commercial Skills slides
- Workshop B3 – Innovation slides
- Workshop C1 – Collaboration slides
- Workshop C2 – Dynamic Purchasing Systems slides
- Tier 1 Final Diagnostic report
- Tier 2 Final Diagnostic report
- Summary version of the diagnostic key messages