Work can be conducted virtually or in person.
The offers set out below will be carried out in accordance with COVID-19 restrictions in place at the time. Currently, support may be provided in person or using Teams or Zoom depending on the needs of the council.
To support your response to the pandemic, we have created a COVID-19 communications hub, with practical guides and best practice case studies.
Communications healthcheck (free)
Each council is entitled to up to one free day of communications support during 2021/22, which can be tailored to your individual needs. This includes:
- Overall review of your current communications function
- Review of your communications strategy
- Assessment of current communications activity, capability and capacity
- Quick wins to help you tackle key issues and a summary report.
Communications review (costed)
For councils looking for a more in-depth and strategic view of their wider communications activity, we offer a three-day communications review. This includes:
- in-depth review of your current communications function
- in-depth review of your strategy and advice on developing an authentic corporate narrative and place brand
- detailed assessment of current communications activity
- feedback session - a set of quick wins to help you tackle key issues and a detailed report with longer term recommendations.
Led by an experienced senior communications manager, the review team will be assembled depending on the areas of specialism you would like reviewed.
Both our one-day health checks and three-day reviews can be tailored to cover your communications around specific issues or service areas.
Contact us to book your communications review.
We also offer a workshop with cabinets and executives, led by a member peer and a communications professional. These sessions cover the importance of good communications, the role of members in engaging with their communities and developing the administration’s priorities into a compelling narrative.
Strategy development (costed)
Contact us to book your strategic support.
#FutureComms skills audit (costed)
Contact us to book your skills audit.
Social media support
We offer social media training for councillors and officers. Bespoke courses can be arranged to suit the size of the group as well as the experience and needs of the participants.
Depending on your needs, we can cover topics such as:
- Understanding social media best practice (what, when and where)
- Engaging with your audience
- Content planning
- Content creation
- Dealing with challenging situations online
- Finding an effective and appropriate ‘digital voice’
Contact us to find out more and book your social media support
Media training (costed)
Contact us to discuss media training.