We co-create and delivery lottery-funded programmes for cultural services (with Arts Council England) and for sports and physical activity (with Sport England).
In 2022/23, as part of our culture and sport improvement offer, we delivered:
- leadership support for lead officers with responsibility for sport and physical activity
- leadership support for councillors and lead officers with the responsibility for cultural services
- wider cultural services support to councils via culture and library peer challenges.
During 2022/23, programme highlights and achievements included:
Cultural services programmes
- 45 councils supported through programmes, including through eight culture and library peer challenges
- 20 councillors supported through 'Leadership Essentials' culture programme
- 21 officers supported through senior officer leadership programme (50 per cent of attendees were from Arts Council England priority places and levelling up for culture places)
- 98 per cent of respondents rated the overall programme as excellent or good.
Sport and physical programmes
- 47 councils supported through sport and physical programmes, including 56 officers supported through 3 themed officer alumni sessions
- 54 officers supported through 3 senior officer leadership programmes
- 100 per cent of respondents said they felt more confident in performing their role after attending the programme.