We provide support to councils so they can maximise the Return on Investment (ROI) of their apprenticeship levy.
The programme works closely with DLUHC and DfE to help shape the emerging policy implementation.
The LGA’s apprenticeships support programme provides a range of practical support and advice for local authorities and their maintained schools on developing and enhancing their apprenticeship programme. The bulk of our delivery is carried out online to ensure we can support councils effectively across the whole of England. Our support offer includes:
- webinars on key aspects of managing an apprenticeship programme
- advice and guidance notes
- 'Apprenticeship MOT’ reviews of council programmes
- sharing best practice from around the sector
- a focus on supporting councils with end point assessment
- mapping apprenticeship standards to job roles
- support for developing new standards that are important to the sector
- our six-weekly newsletter (email us to sign up)
- our annual apprenticeships survey of the sector.
Find out more about some of the key elements of our programme below.