Local Government Association,
18 Smith Square
London, SW1P 3HZ
e-mail: [email protected]
POLICE STAFF COUNCIL (PSC) EMPLOYERS’ SIDE
To: Force Personnel/HR Manager/Payroll Manager
cc: Police and Crime Commissioners/Chief Constables/PSC Employers Side
Following consultation undertaken with forces and PCCs, the PSC Employers’ Side has made an offer in response to the Trade Union Side’s pay and conditions claim for 2021 as follows:
- A £250 consolidated increase to all police staff on pay points 7–18 from 1 September 2021
- A review of police force leave arrangements on a without prejudice basis.
We have rejected the following elements of their claim:
- A guarantee that pay point 7 will not fall below the Joseph Rowntree real living wage during the 2021/22 pay year
- A variable increase in the value of pay points 8–18 to make each incremental step worth £500 to create more equal steps up the lower pay points of the PSC pay spine
- A 3 per cent, or £1,000, increase, whichever is the greater, on all PSC pay points, to take effect on top of the variable increase in the value of pay points 8–18
- A 3 per cent increase on standby allowance and overnight away from home allowance.
The Employers’ Side takes no pleasure in making this offer but has done so in the interests of reaching an agreement with the Trade Union Side which is both affordable and in accordance with the wider public sector pay pause for this year – which is of course being applied to Police Officers.
In response to this the Trade Union Side has rejected this offer. We will update you further in due course on developments and next steps.
Employers Side Secretariat