Local Government Association
18 Smith Square
London, SW1P 3HZ
e-mail: [email protected]
Police Staff Council (PSC) Employers' side
To: Force personnel/HR manager/Payroll manager
Cc: Police and crime commissioners/PSC employers side
18 April 2023
EMP-1-2023 POLICE STAFF PAY 2023
The Employers’ Side has been notified by the Trade Union Side of their pay and conditions claim for 2023 which is as follows:
- One-year claim
- An increase of the Retail Prices Index (RPI) of inflation plus 4 per cent on all pay points
- An increase of RPI plus 4 per cent on standby allowance and overnight away from home allowance
- A guarantee that no pay points will fall below the Joseph Rowntree real living wage during the 2023/24 pay year
- A variable increase in the value of pay points 8 – 19 to make each incremental step worth £500 creating more equal steps up the lower pay points of the PSC pay spine; this adjustment to precede and be in addition to the award of the RPI + 4 per cent salary increase
- An increase in the minimum annual leave entitlement in the PSC Handbook from 24 days on appointment and 29 days after 5 years’ service to 25 days on appointment and 30 days after 5 years’ service.
The Trade Union Side will formally present their claim at the next meeting of the Police Staff Council on Thursday 20 April and following this it will submit a full written claim. Thereafter, the constituent parts of the Employers’ Side (National Police Chiefs Council, Association of Police and Crime Commissioners and the Home Office) will consult on the claim. We intend to respond to the Trade Union Side with a view to reaching an agreement in time for the settlement date of 1 September 2023.
We will update you further on developments.
Employers’ Side Secretariat