Local Government Association
18 Smith Square
POLICE STAFF COUNCIL (PSC) EMPLOYERS’ SIDE
To: Force Personnel/HR Manager/Payroll Manager
Cc: Police and Crime Commissioners/Chief Constables/PSC Employers Side
28 April 2021
POLICE STAFF PAY 2021
At the Police Staff Council meeting on 21 April, the Employers’ Side received a verbal pay and conditions claim from the Trade Union Side for 2021 as follows:
- a one year claim
- a 3 per cent or £1000 (whichever if the greater) increase on all PSC pay points
- a 3 per cent increase on Standby Allowance
- a 3per cent increase on Overnight Allowance
- a variable increase to make £500 differentials between all PSC pay points 8-18
- a guarantee that pay point 7 will remain above the Joseph Rowntree Living Wage during the 2021-22 pay year
- a review of leave provisions.
The Trade Union Side is due to submit a full written claim in the next week. Following this, the constituent parts of the Employers’ Side (National Police Chiefs Council, Association of Police and Crime Commissioners and the Home Office) will then consult on the claim. We intend to respond to the claim with a view to reaching an agreement in time for the settlement date of 1 September 2021.
We will update you further on developments.
Employers’ Side Secretariat