All applications must be received by 12.00pm on Wednesday 20 October.
Rethink Partners will be working with three councils between November 2021 and March 2022 to develop, deliver and co-design a package of support. The intention is that through working with the participating councils we will deliver – real time – learning, techniques, support tools and content – that will both benefit the co-production council and that can then be shared with the wider sector. This will be a highly dynamic and iterative process.
Building on our experience and knowledge, we have identified five thematic areas that this work may involve:
- Digital discharge, flow and crisis prevention, including discharge to assess
- Commissioning, procurement and market shaping
- Working with the care market
- Digital access for all – prevention; information, advice and guidance; digital switchover; digital inclusion and digital bias
- Digital benefits realisation, making the business case, outcomes and impact
Why councils should participate?
Councils will receive fully-funded, bespoke support over a five month period to work with industry shaping experts in care technology. Whilst there are some milestones for the programme (see below), the work and support will be shaped around the participating council to meet their needs, in the expectation that this will generate authentic and purposeful content that will be of significant use to the wider sector.
Councils will also be connected with peer councils in a community of practice to share learning, experiences and provide support.
Councils should apply if:
- There is some momentum locally to be more ambitious about the role care technology can play in adult social care
- You have an identified lead for driving forward care technology in your council – regardless of role
- You feel you would benefit from some stimulation, challenge and support – from peers and professionals – to shake things up a bit. Traditional approaches don’t seem to be quite cutting it
- You / your council can commit to full participation in all elements
- You are willing to share what you have learned with others
- You have the support of your senior adult social care leadership team
Structure of the programme
- Monday 4 October: Recruitment campaign commences
- Wednesday 20 October: Recruitment window closes
- Thursday 21 October: Shortlisting session
- Monday 25 October: Outcome announces
Community of Practice co-production sessions
- Tuesday 2 November: Coproduction community kick off meeting; further sessions to be agreed with participating councils
Individual coaching sessions for each council
- Weeks commencing 8 and 15 November: Session 1 x three councils
- Weeks commencing 6 and 13 December: Session 2 x three councils
- Weeks commencing 31 January and 7 February: Session 3 x three councils
- March / April 2022 (dates TBD)
Blogs / vlogs
- Released fortnightly from early December Blogs / vlogs (two per participating council)
- February / March 2022: To be co-produced with councils and launched during masterclass sessions
Commitment of participating councils
- Identification of a council lead for the programme as the day to day contact
- Identification of a senior leader sponsor for the programme
- Attendance at all community of practice events
- Participation of key staff in council workshops / coaching sessions
- Availability of key staff to work collaboratively with Rethink Partners on progressing work outside these sessions
- Commitment to producing content to capture learning along the way (supported by Rethink Partners): 2 x blog / vlog per council
- Commitment to co-produce / review support tools (linked to themes)
- Willingness to share learning and experience as part of a webinar masterclass on a key theme during March / April 2022 (dates tbc).
How to apply
All applications must be received by 12.00pm on Wednesday 20 October. Successful councils will be notified by Monday 25 October at the latest.
Video and voice responses are also accepted. Please keep responses brief – no more than three minutes if voice or video - which should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org . To arrange an informal discussion to explore if the programme is for you, please contact email@example.com